Ski Touring introduction course
Why would you want to do ski touring?
There are many reasons: climb peaks, discover new "dimensions" of skiing, enjoy tranquility, open new tracks on fresh snow, etc.
However, before facing this challenge, there are some skills you should learn: equipment, uphill technique, knowing how to read a map, avalanche safety, etc.
How is the first session day with us?
After having a coffee, the guide will present the day's activity. After a short introduction of the specific material of the ski touring, we'll start with a practice of the avalanche safety kit, that is, searching a victim with the beacon, probe, and shovel. After this practice, we'll start to climb a summit of about 800 - 1000 mts. of elevation change.
The guide will tell you about the efficiency of the movement, showing you the itinerary on the map, explaining different types of snow, etc.
And what about the second one?
After breakfast, we'll hike another summit using the new skills learned the day before.
+/- 800/1.000 mts of elevation change per summit per day.
- The ratio is one instructor with four clients.
- The location of this course will depend on the conditions of the mountain and the weather forecast, but normally it is in the Eastern Pyrenees.
- However, the course can take place in the Vall D'aran or Andorra.
- Good physical condition.
- Just before the booking, we'll send you a detailed list of the material needed.
Contact us, as it will depend on the number of attendees and the final location of the course.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% to share the commission).