A bloody geology handbook
Sant Corneli mountain should be known mainly for being part of the fantastic Conca de Tremp Geopark geological heritage, but unfortunately during the year 1938 witnessed the bloody fight between Republican and Franco troops in the Spanish Civil War.
Today we can still appreciate pieces of evidence from that horror along this walk. We'll also cross the Aramunt Vell ancient medieval village ruins, the last inhabitant of which left in 1972.
Ephemeral constructions built on 70 million years old solid rocks and fossils, witnesses of an ancient shallow sea, quieter than convulsive human history.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes or boots.
- Sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sun cream.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Wear comfortable clothing; if possible avoid cotton and jeans.
- Bring water; in the Mediterranean environment water is not abundant!
- A sweater or fleece can always be fine when the wind blows... We recommend to wear a third insulating layer from moisture.
- Trekking poles are highly recommended to save overloading over the knees.
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you consult the General Rules that govern the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity implies your acceptance.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 250€, single price.
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 45€, each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 30€, each.
The price includes accident and rescue insurance.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).