Camí de les Bateries
The main access path to Santa Maria de Montserrat, between the 12th and 18th centuries. Previously known as the Camí de la Costa, all the pilgrims and most of the illustrious travelers who scattered the fame of Montserrat arrived along this route.
During the fourteenth century, seven large crosses were incorporated and remained there for more than four hundred years, until 1811, when them were destroyed; however, that same year, Napoleon's French army placed two cannon batteries.
Although them stayed there a short time, the people already changed the path's name, that has come to this day.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes.
- sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Comfortable clothing, try to avoid cotton fabrics and jeans.
- Bring water; Montserrat has no springs and in summer it is very hot!
- A sweater or fleece can always be good, especially when the wind blows ...
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you should consult the General Terms that rules the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity involves your acceptance.
The hike begins in the village of Collbató, at the foot of the mountain of Montserrat. Consider double the length and time duration in case you need to return to the starting point.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 180€, single price.
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 33€, each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 23€, each.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).