Congost de Fraguerau
This excursion is a must for the hikers visiting Catalonia. The Montsant river has cut a deep scar on the conglomerate rock, getting a morphology that reminds Montserrat.
Like in Montserrat, since medieval times, the uniqueness of the place has led many people to want to live there as hermits. Legend tells that Muslims, new settlers in the eighth century, respected the hermits living in the mountain when they realized their sanctity.
We'll find the intimacy of the hermitage of Sant Bartomeu de Fraguerau location, and we'll compare its Romanesque simplicity with the baroque architecture of the hermitage of Sant Antoni, already at the end of the hike.
Beside Sant Antoni is the neighboring hermitage of Santa Magdalena, so-called the Cathedral of the hermitages of Montsant.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes or boots.
- Sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sun cream.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Wear comfortable clothing; if possible avoid cotton and jeans.
- Bring water; in the Mediterranean environment water is not abundant!
- A sweater or fleece can always be fine when the wind blows... We recommend to wear a third insulating layer from moisture.
- Trekking poles are highly recommended to save overloading over the knees.
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you consult the General Rules that govern the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity implies your acceptance.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 200, single price.
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 35€, each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 25€, each.
The price includes accident and rescue insurance.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).