One of the most popular places in Montserrat is the Creu de Sant Miquel, a breathtaking viewpoint not so far from the monastery. Our proposal broadens this classic hike visiting two complementary points: the Miranda de Fra Garí- the place where a sinner and penitent hermit lived according to the legend- and the Nova Creu dels Escolans- a modern reminder of the seven crosses installed during the Middle Age along the primary access way to the monastery. The landscape, legend, and living history of Montserrat are shown on the field.
We went to this picturesque mountain-top retreat with a tour group - this is the site of the 11th century Benedictine monastery and the Virgin of Montserrat which is located in the monastery's Royal Basilica. There is a lot of walking involved. There is also a museum with a private collection that one can enjoy - after entering the Basilica to see the Black Madonna. Great experience - amazing views.
M K via TripAdvisor
• comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes.
• sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen.
• comfortable backpack.
• Comfortable clothing, try to avoid cotton fabrics and jeans.
• bring water; Montserrat has no springs and in summer it is very hot!
• A sweater or fleece can always be good, especially when the wind blows ...
• Minors must be accompanied.
• We recommend you should consult the General Terms that rules the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity involves your acceptance.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 155€ (single price).
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 25€ each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 23€ each.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).