La Morera de Montsant - Albarca
Linear route starting at La Morera de Montsant, beautiful balcony over the Priorat region. It is part of a stage of the Camí dels Cartoixans (cartousians), which can be done in two days. Our proposal visits the current Mas de Sant Blai, in very precarious conditions, built over the remains of the medieval female convent of Bonrepòs, which disappeared in the 15th century.
People say the nuns dismantled the cloister and rebuilt it at the Santes Creus monastery before the neighboring and powerful Carthusian Escala Dei monastery could take possession of it.
Before arriving in Albarca we gonna stop at Sant Joan del Codolar's hermitage, where a hermit has been living for forty years. The landscape of the surroundings is unique.
The geology of the Serra de Montsant marks the path through which we will arrive at Albarca, current second residences village and with its name inherited directly from the Muslim presence in this mountain.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes or boots.
- Sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sun cream.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Wear comfortable clothing, if possible avoid cotton and jeans.
- Bring water; in the Mediterranean environment water is not abundant!
- A sweater or fleece can always be good when the wind is blowing. We recommend wearing a third insulating layer from moisture.
- Trekking poles are highly recommended to save overloading over the knees.
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you consult the General Rules that govern the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity implies your acceptance.
Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 200€, single price.
Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 35€, each.
Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 25€, each.
The price includes accident and rescue insurance.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).