La Mola de Colldejou
This summit is a permanent sentinel over the Camp de Tarragona region. La Mola de Colldejou means the perfect initiation to the southern Catalonia mountains.
Rocky, calcareous, resilient, and rough, threatened by frequent wildfires and the rural areas neglect, it keeps an impressive presence, showing everyone the tremendous tectonic strength that shaped it.
Erected at the top, the old watchtower holds the Mestral strikes, the mighty local wind, a violent reminder of Nature's power. Without this fearsome guardian, La Mola summit, wide and flat, provides magnificent views and wow us with a cave crossing it just below, a few minutes after leaving the top.
How many places let us move so fast from heaven to the underground?
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes or boots.
- Sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sun cream.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Wear comfortable clothing; if possible avoid cotton and jeans.
- Bring water; in the Mediterranean environment water is not abundant!
- A sweater or fleece can always be fine when the wind blows... We recommend to wear a third insulating layer from moisture.
- Trekking poles are highly recommended to save overloading over the knees.
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you consult the General Rules that govern the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity implies your acceptance.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 200€, single price.
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 35€, each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 25€, each.
The price includes accident and rescue insurance.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).