Serra de Cardó
Jurassic Limestone massif once housed a Carmelite hermit desert and later a spa due to the abundance of water with medicinal properties and its dense forests. The wealth of the water disappeared due to the excessive exploitation of the aquifer by a modern bottling plant that eventually also had to close, but part of the forest is still there despite the course of time and the frequent wildfires.
Despite this misfortune, Serra de Cardó deserves many reasons to be visited: whimsical cavities revealing its karstic molding, holm oak, oak, Pinus nigra pines, and especially the Teixeda de Cosp, one of the oldest forests in Catalonia containing yew trees of hundreds of years old.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably trekking shoes or boots.
- Sun protection: hat or cap, sunglasses, sun cream.
- Comfortable backpack.
- Wear comfortable clothing; if possible avoid cotton and jeans.
- Bring water; in the Mediterranean environment water is not abundant!
- A sweater or fleece can always be fine when the wind blows... We recommend to wear a third insulating layer from moisture.
- Trekking poles are highly recommended to save overloading over the knees.
- Minors must be accompanied.
- We recommend you consult the General Rules that govern the activities of GdM. Hiring an activity implies your acceptance.
- Groups from 1 to 5 pax: 230€, single price.
- Groups from 6 to 15 pax: 40€, each.
- Groups from 16 to 30 pax: 25€, each.
The price includes accident and rescue insurance.
- Bank Transfer for National or UE visitors.
- Paypal (we add 5% for the commission).